Introduction to Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (Part 1) is a proven, evidence based intensive course designed to prepare clinicians to begin to see and treat patients who have Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders (OMDs). It is designed as an intensive, hands on workshop to prepare clinicians to begin treating patients. The treatment protocols may be used with young children through patients into adulthood and the assessment principles are driven by early identification of OMDs.
The Introduction to OMT Part 1 course has 4 main components:
1. History of Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (OMT) and the Etiology of Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders (OMDs)
2. How to identify/diagnose OMDs along with the related anatomy and pathology (Assessment)
3. How to treat OMDs: structured, phased exercises to treat and correct OMDs, eliminate noxious habits, and work with patients who present with CoMorbidities (OSA, TMD, et al).
4. How to integrate and market OMT in a multi-disciplinary environment, working with ENTs, SLPs, maxillofacial surgeons, orthodontists, general dentists, sleep medicine doctors, pediatricians, and others.
- Current Evidence Based Research
- Anatomy/ Physiology / Pathology of OMDs
- Complete Habit Elimination Program (i.e., thumbsucking)
- Comprehensive Treatment Program (exercises in a complete treatment program with reference session videos to assure correct application)
- Successful Marketing and Practice Building
- Ongoing consulting support as you begin to see patients
Live Sessions available on a cohort basis will supplement learning. These sessions are based on assessment and treatment modalities and will allow for question and answers. Each cohort will have a zoom link and meet for designated time frames.
Terms & Conditions
By joining this program, you agree to the following terms:
- 14-Day Refund Policy. If you start this program and are clear it's not for you, AND you can demonstrate that you have done the work, you can get a refund within 14-days from purchase by emailing email@example.com
- This content is for you and you alone. If you share your login or any of the materials, you will be banned from this program without refund.
- The intellectual property of this program is limited to personal use. You are not licensed to use this content in your own programs or business without written permission.
- By purchasing this program, you will also be added to our email list so we can send you course updates. You can unsubscribe if needed at the bottom of any email.