If you are an ALUMNUS OF THE INTRO COURSE with the AOMT, please continue here and read below!
However, if you are NEW to the AOMT, or have taken a course (other than the Intro course) please enroll as a NEW STUDENT: https://courses.aomtinfo.org/offers/NzWjnJWP
Introduction to Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (Part 1) is a proven, evidence based intensive course designed to prepare clinicians to begin to see and treat patients who have Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders (OMDs). It is designed as an intensive, hands on workshop to prepare clinicians to begin treating patients. The treatment protocols may be used with young children through patients into adulthood and the assessment principles are driven by early identification of OMDs.
The Introduction to OMT Part 1 course has 4 main components:
1. History of Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (OMT) and the Etiology of Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders (OMDs)
2. How to identify/diagnose OMDs along with the related anatomy and pathology (Assessment)
3. How to treat OMDs: structured, phased exercises to treat and correct OMDs, eliminate noxious habits, and work with patients who present with CoMorbidities (OSA, TMD, et al).
4. How to integrate and market OMT in a multi-disciplinary environment, working with ENTs, SLPs, maxillofacial surgeons, orthodontists, general dentists, sleep medicine doctors, pediatricians, and others.
- Current Evidence Based Research
- Anatomy/ Physiology / Pathology of OMDs
- Complete Habit Elimination Program (i.e., thumbsucking)
- Comprehensive Treatment Program (exercises in a complete treatment program with reference session videos to assure correct application)
- Successful Marketing and Practice Building
- Ongoing consulting support as you begin to see patients
If you have taken our Introduction to OMT course before and want a refresher, you will find the entire course here and expanded.
Inside the Virtual Class you will find:
1. Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology
with Licia Coceani Paskay, MS CCC-SLP
- Craniofacial Bones & The Jaw
- Facial Muscles & The Lips
- The Tongue
- Breastfeeding & Sucking
- Weaning & Chewing
- Research Methods
2. Overview of Myofunctional Sciences & Therapy
with Samantha Weaver, MS
- History of OMT
- Identification of Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders (32 Clinical Markers)
- Case Study Analysis
- Key Concepts (Stomatognathic System/ Moss Functional Matrix/ Neuroplasticity)
3. Assessment Principles and Protocols
- Objective Data Collection
- Patient Intake & Evaluation
- Review of Myofuncitonal Therapy Assessment Protocols
- Case Presentation
- Habit Elimination Program
- Session Sheets Sequenced to treat Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders
- Pre and Post Frenectomy Care
5. Patients with CoMorbidities
with Joy Moeller, BS RDH
- Treating patients who also have OSA and/or TMD
- Positional Sleep
6. Practice Management
- Motivating Patients
- Integration OMT into an Existing Practice
- Successful Practice via Collaboration
7. Evidence Based Research
with Marc Moeller, BA (Managing Director of the Academy of
Applied Myofunctional Sciences)
- Current Research in Myofunctional Sciences
- International Alliances in OMT
On top of the Virtual Course, inside, you will have access to weekly mentorship sessions (we call it the Myo Coffee Klatsch) that meets on Saturday mornings 8am - 9am Pacific Time on Zoom.
Following that weekend you will have the option to join our Treatment Sessions on a weekly basis, that allows you to apply the therapy to yourself or others on a weekly schedule based on the Session Sheets we teach. Each week we go over the Session Sheet for that week and how the exercise techniques are applied and what they do. A full Schedule is below.
Terms & Conditions
if you are an ALUMNUS of the AOMT INTRO COURSE, this offer is for YOU! However, if you are NEW to the AOMT, please visit here: https://courses.aomtinfo.org/offers/NzWjnJWP
By joining this program, you agree to the following terms:
- 14-Day Refund Policy. If you start this program and are clear it's not for you, AND you can demonstrate that you have done the work, you can get a refund within 14-days from purchase by emailing [email protected]
- This content is for you and you alone. If you share your login or any of the materials, you will be banned from this program without refund.
- The intellectual property of this program is limited to personal use. You are not licensed to use this content in your own programs or business without written permission.
- By purchasing this program, you will also be added to our email list so we can send you course updates. You can unsubscribe if needed at the bottom of any email.